Monday, November 19, 2007

Illuminated Tree


I'm being lazy. I researched these trees in hopes of finding some information on why exactly they make my heart sing. There's got to be something, but perhaps it's just the way they turn such a luminous and happy yellow in the fall. I can't get past the sight of a ginkgo (sic) tree in November. This photo was made on a not-quite-rainy day.
The world is so perfect--Nature saves the very best for last. Just as those sweet, delectable thoughts of the day come to us in the close of the day, just before sleep, Autumn closes with the last bright bang of color and surprise. This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it.

3 comments:

MelBoe said...

Such a beautiful tree - and I love that it looks as though it is holding hands with it's red partner!

MelBoe said...

Such a beautiful tree - and I love that it looks as though it is holding hands with it's red partner!

Redblur63 said...

Ha, I didn't notice that when I snapped it. Of course, I was sitting in the car using my cell phone since I didn't have my camera. I'm glad you like it though. It took my breath away when I first saw it!