Sunday, February 24, 2008

About Dad

Today would have been my dad's 80th birthday. Dear Daughter says she sees him from time to time--usually in the house where I grew up. She's curiously matter of fact about it, considering he died in the summer of 2006. But I don't doubt she really does see him. I don't understand how or why, but they loved each other immensely. If it comforts here to see her Papa opening the door and sitting in a chair, I'm okay with that.

I'd give a lot to see him again myself.

2 comments:

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia said...

Children do have the uncanny ability to not let the realities of everyday life and the stress it brings to constantly invade their precious minds. I wish I could still live in that world!

Mrs. G. said...

What a sweet tribute to your pop.

A Memphis blogger? I will be back and often.

I went to White Station High School. My grandparents spent their entire life in Raleigh.