Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ooh, Wait, I forgot

to write about the TURTLE! On my way home, my cell rang and it was a good friend/co-worker/ most excellent mom and fellow church member. She is a single mother and when she got home this afternoon, her dog discovered a wild turtle out on the carport.

For some reason, she called ME to come help. I am amazed that out of all of the people in her speed dial I would be the one best qualified to deal with an amphibious invasion. She assured me though that it wasn't a huge one, so I swung by to see what could be done.

The poor creature was just a bewildered box turtle. He'd crawled up against the glass door and was peering longingly out at her lush and green backyard. I showed her how to pick him up behind his front legs and gently set him free in the front yard. Crisis resolved. Nothing to see folks, keep moving please.

It made me happy to be useful. It made her happy to get the turtle off the carport. Even the turtle seemed happy to be out of the concrete box he'd wandered into. And now I can add "Turtle Wrangler" to my list of accomplishments!

1 comment:

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia said...

And you were quite the impressive turtle wrangler I might say!