Saturday, August 18, 2007

Da, da, da

These are the times that try our souls...

Honestly, I have so much to blog about: the dachshunds, the large Canadian women in silver lame, how much I miss St. Jude, bowling to Def Leppard and Kiss, hanging up on a long-distance phone call, making purply-blue cornbread, spending thirty minutes today bleeding into a plastic bag (I meant to do it, and in a good way), the rain, shopping for a bassoon, having a full-blown crying jag meltdown in Auto Zone, cooking a good meal, knitting, etc.

Mother is spiraling even further downward, if that's possible. The doctor's answering service nurse last night suggested I take her to the emergency room and try to get her admitted. I would try that, but it's so damn hot here, I would hate to take her out and deal with being in an ER for hours with a difficult geriatric patient and then have nothing come of it. I did get her to eat one complete meal and part of another today.

Oh, I got a nice phone call today from one of my aunts telling me how concerned all of the family is about mother and asking what I'm doing about her condition.

People, I'm dancing as fast as I can.

But it rained today, oh frabjuous day, it RAINED.

1 comment:

MelBoe said...

I am praying for you and Joann. Let me know if there is anything I can do (esp. once my car is back). Take it easy today!