Monday, July 23, 2007

Sucked into the Swirling Vortex...

I have so much to blog about--the trip to New Orleans was, as always, interesting. Dear Daughter completed some amazing projects while at art camp. I STILL have more photos from Hawaii to post and discuss, and who would have thought to observe such artistry in a Waffle House in Ponchatoula, LA? Oh, and best of all, the Loved One is already in Fairbanks, waiting to board a plane that will take him first to Anchorage, then to Minneapolis, and finally home!!!

However, I'm suffering a huge setback in that a good friend bestowed upon us today his already-read copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. He cleverly ducked into a Kroger at 12:10 a.m. Saturday morning and nabbed a copy from a stack beside the frozen foods. While most of the die-hard fans were stuck in the cashier line at Border's Books waiting to be rung up, he was at home on chapter five already. So now, we have the book, and all of my momentum and plans for everything else have fallen by the wayside. Together, Dear Daughter and I have read three chapters. By myself, I've snuck-read up to about chapter nine. I can't stop now! It's only 10:30 p.m.!

I can't believe the Potter saga is coming to an end...

More when I resurface, I promise.

No comments: